Celebrating 160 years of family ownership in 2020, Wunderlich Fibre Box Company has been located near the historic St. Louis, MO riverfront, manufacturing packaging for both local businesses and prominent nationwide brands. We pride ourselves on attracting talented people who bring new ideas and knowledge to the table.
The Packaging Design Assistant is responsible for preparing design samples and graphic artwork for client review. Creativity, innovation, and excellent technical skills are a must. Will be working in a fast-paced environment where deadlines and attention to detail are vital.
- Cut out samples, create mockups, manufacture and assemble multi-part production runs on Kongsberg CAD table
- Use Artios CAD to create structural designs
- Use Adobe Illustrator to create, prep, and maintain artwork for packaging
- Manage assigned tasks in Webcenter project management software
- Maintain stock sheets as well as order tooling and other departmental supplies
- Collaborate with customer service, sales, and production on design projects
- Manage and maintain cutting die inventory
- Proficient skills in Artios or similar CAD software
- Proficient skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with cutting out samples and creating full-size mockups using HP DesignJet printers or flatbed digital printers
- Experience in 3D renderings a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to lift at least 30#
- Must be customer-oriented with primary focus on customer satisfaction
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Flexible, fast learner, who can handle multiple projects, solve problems, and embrace challenges
- Experience in corrugated packaging or folding carton industry highly preferred
- Preferred 2+ years of design experience within manufacturing or production industry
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Required: High school diploma or GED
What We Offer:
- Exceptional pay and great, affordable benefits (including life, medical, dental, vision, retirement and more!)
- Unlimited opportunities for growth, training, and career advancement
- Highly rewarding Bonus program
- A respectful, empowering, team-oriented and employee-friendly environment!
If this sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume – we want to hear from you!
Wunderlich Fibre Box Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.